Are you tired of overpaying and want the cheapest auto insurance rates in Bismarck, ND? Bismarck shoppers have many options when shopping for the lowest priced Chrysler 200 insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to find auto insurance online and we'll show you the best way to get price quotes for a Chrysler and obtain the lowest possible price from Bismarck insurance agents and online providers.
Finding a lower price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. All that's required is to take time to get quotes from online providers.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Bismarck, ND. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Cheaper Bismarck insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds who allow their company to track where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- College Student - Kids who are attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
You should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, that's just not realistic.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for business and professional, teen driver, switch companies, mature driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, driver's education, good driver, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including preferred payment discount, new graduate, newly retired, new move discount, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be offered in every state. To see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in North Dakota, click here.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Bismarck, insurance is required in North Dakota but also provides important benefits.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In North Dakota these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your 200, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in North Dakota is overpaying more than $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
A lot of people still like to have an agent's advice and that is not a bad decision Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Bismarck who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in North Dakota?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
If you want a local Bismarck insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Bismarck can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. These agents receive extensive training on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Bismarck that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Tina Morast
1120 College Dr #101 - Bismarck, ND 58501 - (701) 222-8135 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Carissa Hanson
535 Airport Rd a - Bismarck, ND 58504 - (701) 255-0890 - View Map
- American Family Insurance
2110 E Thayer Ave - Bismarck, ND 58501 - (701) 222-0768 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, you will want to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Bismarck who can help you get price quote information.
- Arman Agency Inc
3000 N 14th St # 2C - Bismarck, ND 58503 - (701) 223-7944 - View Map
- Cottingham Insurance
810 E Divide Ave - Bismarck, ND 58501 - (701) 323-9419 - View Map
- Bain Agency
1500 E Capitol Ave - Bismarck, ND 58501 - (701) 223-2233 - View Map