Having to pay for pricey car insurance in Fargo can bleed your checking account and possibly require postponing other expenditures.
A recent car insurance study discovered that a large majority of car insurance policyholders in North Dakota have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save themselves almost $850 a year, but they feel it's too difficult to find cheap insurance by shopping around. Many insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to find the cheapest price on Toyota Rav4 insurance in Fargo.
If you already have coverage or just want to save money, you can use this information to find better prices and still get good coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Fargo is not that difficult. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the fastest way to shop their coverage around using one simple form.
All the larger insurance companies allow consumers to get price estimates direct online. The process is pretty painless as you just enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and provides a quote. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the most affordable premium.
To save time and compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you replicate the coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you will have comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in North Dakota. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$124||$256||$342||$20||$102||$844||$70|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$224||$462||$342||$20||$102||$1,150||$96|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$186||$366||$366||$22||$110||$1,050||$88|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$124||$244||$342||$20||$102||$832||$69|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$138||$280||$394||$24||$118||$954||$80|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$216||$318||$396||$24||$118||$1,072||$89|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$202||$406||$342||$20||$102||$1,072||$89|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$250||$532||$394||$24||$118||$1,318||$110|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$146||$264||$284||$16||$86||$796||$66|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$140||$244||$308||$18||$92||$802||$67|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$226||$386||$308||$18||$92||$1,030||$86|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$186||$366||$366||$22||$110||$1,050||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Dakota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease coverage prices greatly.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Toyota Rav4 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders increase Toyota Rav4 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Get discounts on Fargo car insurance
Some insurers don't always advertise every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Fargo and don't have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- No Accidents - Fargo drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
To find car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Fargo, click here.
Buying from insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Fargo who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Which family members are covered?
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing a policy for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What is the minimum liability in North Dakota?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in North Dakota?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Car Insurance at a Discount
Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
More people means more accidents - Having an address in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when talking about car insurance. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated North Dakota areas tend to have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Multiple policies with one company can save - Some companies will give discounts for people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you're getting this discount it's in your best interest to compare other Fargo Rav4 insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Certain jobs pay higher prices - Occupational choices like military generals, social workers and medical professionals tend to pay the highest average rates because of high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, jobs like farmers, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Uninterrupted coverage lowers car insurance rates - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines or a revoked license.
Car insurance in North Dakota serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In North Dakota these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Rav4 more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Do the work, save more money
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Toyota Rav4 insurance in Fargo. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Regional companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Fargo is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.