Do you get confused by the wide range of insurance sources in Mandan? There are so many sources to choose from that it can quickly become a real difficult job to lower your premium rates. Mandan is a great city to raise a family in, but trying to pay high insurance rates can make it difficult for lots of drivers to pay other bills every month.
Unbelievable but true, the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in North Dakota could pocket as much as $700 a year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
You should take the time to do price comparisons once or twice a year since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on insurance a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're about to find out the only way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you're about to learn. Locating affordable car insurance coverage in Mandan is not that difficult. But North Dakota car owners should learn the way companies calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways to compare quotes from all the different companies. The best method to comparison shop is to jump online and get quotes. When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding the best rates. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so it's necessary to compare prices from those companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in North Dakota. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,192||$596||$99|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$594||$297||$50|
|Ford Explorer Limited AWD||$976||$488||$81|
|Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$960||$480||$80|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Ford Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$1,170||$585||$98|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$678||$339||$57|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,044||$522||$87|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,026||$513||$86|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,128||$564||$94|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$792||$396||$66|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,268||$634||$106|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$844||$422||$70|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$842||$421||$70|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$756||$378||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Dakota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower premiums greatly.
When comparing car insurance rates, the most common question is how high should the physical damage deductibles be. The comparisons below illustrate the rate difference when you buy lower versus higher deductibles. The first rate table uses a $250 physical damage coverage deductible and the second price chart uses a $500 deductible.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and North Dakota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage rates considerably.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $250 deductible could cost the average driver approximately $13 more each month or $156 each year than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $250 more to settle a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you usually have more than 19 months between claims, you would probably be better off if you opt for a higher deductible.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease GMC Acadia yearly insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts for lower Mandan auto insurance rates
Companies do not advertise every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
- Homeowners Savings - Simply owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Multi-car Discount - Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount - Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Mandan and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it's just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
Companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
If you need the cheapest Mandan car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply everywhere. To find auto insurance companies who offer free auto insurance quotes in North Dakota, click here.
Get rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Mandan car insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Mandan who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Mandan?
What types of car insurance agents are in Mandan?
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they work. Mandan agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. They are trained well on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get several quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in North Dakota?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
How your Mandan prices are determined
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates tend to be for low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Defend yourself with liability insurance - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are responsible for an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Extra policy coverages can add up - There are a lot of additional coverages that can add up on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don't need them get rid of them and save.
Auto insurance policy lapses increase prices - Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Dakota department of motor vehicles.
Location can influence price - Having an address in a rural area may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. Less people means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated North Dakota areas have to deal with traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure - Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your vehicle earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
Better auto insurance rates with anti-theft devices - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can thwart vehicle theft.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In North Dakota these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
More affordable auto insurance in Mandan is possible on the web and from local agencies, so you need to quote Mandan car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in North Dakota can be found at these links:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Rugby, North Dakota? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest North Dakota Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Williston, ND? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)