Would you like to find the cheapest Chevy Silverado insurance in Bismarck? Comparison shopping for cheap Chevy Silverado insurance in Bismarck could be difficult for people not familiar with comparing prices online. People have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can be a real challenge to find cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance rates.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Bismarck could pocket as much as 40% a year, but most just don't grasp how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Bismarck is quite easy. If you're already insured, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas presented in this article. But North Dakota vehicle owners need to learn how insurance companies calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Silverado insurance in Bismarck
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers that enable driving data submission to analyze vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Federal Employees - Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education in school.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some companies give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
As a sidenote, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, federal employee, seat belt use, good student, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include safe driver, drive less, homeowner, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, student away at school, good driver, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, and good student.
- 21st Century discounts include good student, student driver, automatic seat belts, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, and 55 and older.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Bismarck.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Bismarck utilizes the fact most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details such as if you lease or own, if you're married, if a SR-22 is required, and how much school you completed. The rating information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To check rates for your Chevy Silverado now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Bismarck, ND. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$158||$276||$328||$20||$98||$880||$73|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$142||$256||$342||$20||$102||$862||$72|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$112||$206||$322||$20||$96||$756||$63|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$148||$270||$328||$20||$98||$864||$72|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$266||$394||$396||$24||$118||$1,198||$100|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$148||$270||$290||$18||$88||$814||$68|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$160||$306||$462||$28||$138||$1,094||$91|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$124||$244||$386||$22||$116||$892||$74|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$140||$302||$342||$20||$102||$906||$76|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$252||$544||$386||$22||$116||$1,320||$110|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$252||$544||$318||$18||$96||$1,228||$102|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$294||$554||$342||$20||$102||$1,312||$109|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$252||$544||$386||$22||$116||$1,320||$110|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$294||$572||$408||$24||$122||$1,420||$118|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$256||$456||$350||$20||$104||$1,186||$99|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$282||$626||$394||$24||$118||$1,444||$120|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$204||$444||$284||$16||$86||$1,034||$86|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$294||$534||$302||$18||$90||$1,238||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Dakota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific location which can affect insurance rates noticeably.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents influence Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Raise deductibles and save
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Chevy Silverado Insurance
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower rates.
- Guys pay more for car insurance - Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Females and males cause accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Uninterrupted coverage saves money - Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
- Accidents cost more than a fine - Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Even one citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received severe citations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Discounts for auto and home policies - Lots of insurance companies will award discounts to buyers who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you're getting this discount it's always a smart idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower premiums - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft.
- Lower miles equals lower premium - Driving more miles in a year the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. It's always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy states the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Silverado can result in significantly higher rates.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save - Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be rearending another vehicle, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Five star safety rating saves money - Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Chevy Silverado is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Chevy Silverado claim probability - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting premium costs. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates. The table below outlines the collected loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Silverado Models
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required North Dakota minimum liability coverage?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Bismarck, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In North Dakota these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Chevy Silverado, almost all lenders will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects your Chevy and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to save money.
Cheap car insurance premiums are out there
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund and even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Discount Chevy Silverado insurance in Bismarck is available online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don't offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about car insurance is available at these sites: