Have you fallen victim to overpriced Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Bismarck? Don't sweat it because there are many people just like you.
Amazingly, the vast majority of consumers in North Dakota have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers could save themselves almost 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates online. Multiple insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to discover the definitive lowest cost out there.
It's a good habit to compare prices before your next renewal because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Bismarck a couple years back you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to buy cheaper Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Bismarck.
If you have a policy now or just want to save money, follow these tips to buy cheaper car insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best rates in Bismarck is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Drivers just need to know the tricks to compare price quotes from multiple carriers.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information including how many miles driven, your education level, level of coverage desired, and your occupation. Your insurance information is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return quotes immediately.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in North Dakota. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$312||$308||$18||$92||$914||$76|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$140||$244||$262||$16||$78||$740||$62|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$260||$470||$302||$18||$90||$1,140||$95|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$286||$308||$18||$92||$862||$72|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$228||$456||$290||$18||$88||$1,080||$90|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$456||$308||$18||$92||$1,130||$94|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$282||$626||$394||$24||$118||$1,444||$120|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$228||$456||$270||$16||$80||$1,050||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Dakota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in Bismarck location which can influence coverage rates considerably.
Gender differences in auto insurance premiums
The information below compares Volkswagen Jetta insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices for each different age category. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In North Dakota these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Jetta, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Bismarck
Buying insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don't even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class in school.
- Sign Early and Save - Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current Jetta insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
Companies that may offer policyholders these discounts include:
Before buying, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
Don't give up on cheap rates
When searching for inexpensive Bismarck car insurance quotes, it's a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to find lower-cost Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Bismarck. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable North Dakota Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- How Much are North Dakota Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in North Dakota? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Dickinson, North Dakota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in North Dakota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Young Drivers in North Dakota? (FAQ)
- How Much are North Dakota Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in North Dakota? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in West Fargo, ND? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)