Wish you could get out of overpriced Ford F-150 insurance in Bismarck? You're in good company because many Bismarck drivers have buyer's remorse.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. North Dakota consumers can save roughly 40% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare other rate quotes.
Many car insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute best rate on Ford F-150 insurance in Bismarck.
It's important to price shop coverage periodically since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest price on Ford F-150 insurance in Bismarck last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to get good coverage on Ford F-150 insurance in Bismarck at a lower rate.
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get online Bismarck F-150 insurance quotes, so it's important to also get quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Bismarck, ND. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$108||$164||$342||$20||$102||$736||$61|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$218||$438||$394||$24||$118||$1,192||$99|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$252||$476||$408||$24||$122||$1,282||$107|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$184||$322||$408||$24||$122||$1,060||$88|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$176||$334||$342||$20||$102||$974||$81|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$182||$296||$394||$24||$118||$1,014||$85|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$164||$256||$318||$18||$96||$852||$71|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$124||$200||$318||$18||$96||$756||$63|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$142||$234||$366||$22||$110||$874||$73|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$298||$386||$396||$24||$118||$1,222||$102|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$238||$356||$312||$18||$94||$1,018||$85|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$212||$322||$408||$24||$122||$1,088||$91|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$164||$204||$396||$24||$118||$906||$76|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$196||$240||$312||$18||$94||$860||$72|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$184||$256||$318||$18||$96||$872||$73|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$156||$230||$394||$24||$118||$922||$77|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$140||$244||$318||$18||$96||$816||$68|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$286||$462||$308||$18||$92||$1,166||$97|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$126||$206||$284||$16||$86||$718||$60|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$286||$462||$308||$18||$92||$1,166||$97|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$294||$470||$302||$18||$90||$1,174||$98|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$286||$462||$308||$18||$92||$1,166||$97|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$244||$318||$396||$24||$118||$1,100||$92|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$206||$360||$394||$24||$118||$1,102||$92|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$148||$228||$312||$18||$94||$800||$67|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$208||$368||$308||$18||$92||$994||$83|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$166||$310||$284||$16||$86||$862||$72|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$126||$242||$284||$16||$86||$754||$63|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$156||$302||$342||$20||$102||$922||$77|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$374||$554||$396||$24||$118||$1,466||$122|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$240||$374||$302||$18||$90||$1,024||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Dakota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can modify coverage prices noticeably.
Ford F-150 insurance rates: Men versus women
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive formula for excluding full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford F-150 replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Get discounts on Bismarck insurance
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a new F-150 can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will help lower the cost of your policy.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, 55 and retired, driver training, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include good student, safety features, new graduate, new vehicle discount, and new move discount.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver's education, good driver, good student, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for air bags, anti-theft, multi-policy, group or association, teen driver, and company car.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, daytime running lights, air bags, military active duty, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, teen safe driver, anti-theft, multi-car, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Bismarck. To find insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in North Dakota, click here.
Are car insurance agents of importance?
Many drivers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in Bismarck.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Bismarck who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, just visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Bismarck for you
If you are wanting to find local Bismarck agents, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents in Bismarck are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
Featured below are Bismarck independent insurance agents who may provide price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Bismarck that can give you comparison quotes.
Deciding on a auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in North Dakota?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Ford F-150 Insurance Premiums?
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find cheaper rates. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Liability is important - Your policy's liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Frequent claims will increase rates - If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn't be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in North Dakota award discounts to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Credit rating impacts premium costs - An insured's credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Ford F-150 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Where you reside can influence prices - Living in a small town can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims
Ford F-150 claim statistics - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the historical loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Ford F-150 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD||67||110||39|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD||42||93||72|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD||75||76||101||56||57||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance in North Dakota serves several purposes
Even though Bismarck F-150 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In North Dakota these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Ford F-150 and your personal assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in North Dakota is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Don't give up on cheap premiums
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find affordable Ford F-150 insurance in Bismarck. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When you buy Bismarck auto insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.