Finding better insurance prices for a Honda CR-V in North Dakota can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for your Honda and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Bismarck agents.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company's rates as often as possible because prices change frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates on Honda CR-V insurance in Bismarck last year there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Quoting the most affordable coverage in Bismarck is easy to do. If you already have coverage or need a new policy, use these money-saving tips to reduce the price you pay and still have adequate protection. You just have to learn the most efficient way to compare insurance rates using one simple form.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including whether or not you need a SR-22, your job, the type of vehicles you drive, and driver details. That rating data is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes immediately.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in North Dakota. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$108||$200||$290||$18||$88||$704||$59|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$176||$334||$290||$18||$88||$906||$76|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$184||$322||$348||$20||$104||$978||$82|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$224||$380||$270||$16||$80||$970||$81|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$224||$380||$290||$18||$88||$1,000||$83|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$226||$318||$262||$16||$78||$900||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Dakota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific Bismarck garaging location which can influence coverage rates noticeably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Honda CR-V annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault collisions can drive up Honda CR-V insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Age, gender, and Honda CR-V insurance
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Honda CR-V car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance policy discounts for Honda CR-V insurance in Bismarck
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a defensive driving course may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you combine your auto and home policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total CR-V insurance premium.
- Buy New and Save - Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Bismarck car insurance quote.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
Don't be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of your policy.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, air bags, driver training, defensive driver, federal employee, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good student, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, ease of repair, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, bundle discounts, youthful driver, alternative fuel, mature driver, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for multi-policy, group or association, paid in full, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, teen driver discount, new graduate, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, safe driver, drive less, homeowner, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, loyalty savings, driver training, family discount, safe driver, new vehicle, and vehicle storage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Bismarck. To see a list of insurers who offer discounts in North Dakota, click here.
Why you need quality insurance for your Honda CR-V
Even though Bismarck CR-V insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In North Dakota these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your CR-V, it's most likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves your Honda and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in North Dakota is wasting up to $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies every year to save money.
Getting quotes from local Bismarck auto insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Bismarck.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Bismarck who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you're trying to find a local agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning the differences since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Bismarck that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Professional Insurance Services Inc.
2222 E Broadway Ave - Bismarck, ND 58501 - (701) 224-9945 - View Map
- Vaaler Insurance-Bismarck Inc
1000 Tacoma Ave Suite 100 - Bismarck, ND 58502 - (701) 258-2800 - View Map
- Wells Fargo Insurance Services
400 E Broadway Ave - Bismarck, ND 58501 - (701) 222-5117 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Bismarck exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Eric Buchholz
302 S 9th St - Bismarck, ND 58504 - (701) 258-8414 - View Map
- Renae Haug - State Farm Insurance Agent
1471 Interstate Loop #1 - Bismarck, ND 58503 - (701) 255-4433 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Christopher Fenster
931 S Washington St #1 - Bismarck, ND 58504 - (701) 214-4520 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Bismarck should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is the agent properly licensed in North Dakota?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?