I can't think of anyone who looks forward to paying premiums for insurance, especially knowing they could get a better deal.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Minot drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don't understand the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Because you have many insurance companies to choose from, it can be challenging to choose the lowest cost insurance company.
Auto insurance companies offering cheap price quotes in North Dakota
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in North Dakota. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$860||$430||$72|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,420||$710||$118|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$954||$477||$80|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$658||$329||$55|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$826||$413||$69|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$804||$402||$67|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,096||$548||$91|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,100||$550||$92|
|Kia Optima SX||$920||$460||$77|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$862||$431||$72|
|Toyota Camry SE||$862||$431||$72|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$996||$498||$83|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Dakota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower insurance rates considerably.
How high should deductibles be?
The hardest decision when buying coverage is which comprehensive and collision deductibles to buy. The figures shown below can help show the rate differences of buying low and high policy deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $250 physical damage coverage deductible and the second rate chart uses a $500 deductible.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and North Dakota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can influence prices greatly.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $250 deductible costs roughly $12 more each month or $144 each year than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $250 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally go at a minimum 21 months between claims, you would probably be better off if you choose the higher deductible. The numbers below show a better example of how we made this calculation.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$98|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $86|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$12|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $12|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||21 months|
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents can impact Hyundai Sonata insurance prices for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cut Your Costs with these tips
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The list below includes just a few of the factors used by companies to determine rates.
Marriage pays dividends - Having a wife or husband may save some money when shopping for insurance. Marriage translates into being more stable financially and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Raise comp and collision deductibles and save - Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be.
Drive fewer miles and save - Driving more miles annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It's a good idea to make sure your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct driver usage.
More performance means higher costs - The type of car you need to insure makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Bad credit will cost you - An insured's credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay. People that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with worse credit. If your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by repairing your credit.
Additional coverages that may be costing you - There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you don't pay attention. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Lower rates come with age - Teenage drivers in North Dakota are statistically shown to be less responsible when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Minot could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- Pay Early and Save - By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government - Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, good student, driver training, safe driver, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- American Family discounts include TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, anti-theft, air bags, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
If you want affordable Minot auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To locate car insurance companies with discount rates in Minot, click this link.
Local Minot insurance agents
Some people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Minot auto insurance quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- If they are an independent agency in Minot, which companies do they recommend?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Minot?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Save $411 a year! What?
North Dakota consumers can't ignore all the ads for cheaper auto insurance from companies such as State Farm and Allstate. They all advertise claims of big savings just by moving your policy.
But how can every company charge you a lower premium? Here is how they do it.
Insurance providers give the best rates for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. An example of a preferred risk may be between 30 and 50, has other policies, and insures a new vehicle. A customer that hits that "sweet spot" may get the lowest premium rates in Minot and as a result will probably save some money.
Insureds who don't measure up to the requirements will probably have to pay a higher rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say "customers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much when switching. That is how insurance companies can claim big savings. Because every company is different, drivers should get Minot auto insurance quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the best premium rates at this point in time.
Shop around and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered some good ideas how you can compare auto insurance premium rates in Minot. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional information is available below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable North Dakota Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Horace, North Dakota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in North Dakota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable North Dakota Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in North Dakota? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)